Maverick Learning Centre is a well-rounded education center located in Markham (Denison and Warden). We offer academic tutoring and after-school enrichment classes for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We are looking for part-time Teachers for our school (weekday after school hours 4pm – 8pm and/or weekends 10am – 6pm).
Qualifications and Skills:
We are looking for teachers with the following skills:
- Energetic and enthusiastic teachers with experience teaching
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Enjoy working with students & families
- Great communication skills
- You have experience teaching or have strong knowledge in English, Math and Science (Grade 12 – English, Advanced Functions, Calculus, Data Management, Biology, Physics and Chemistry are assets!)
- Previous teaching, tutoring or mentorship experience (camp/volunteer experience counts!)
- Flexibility, patience, and superhuman explanation skills.
- A desire to develop your own leadership and mentorship ability, while positively impacting the lives of youth!
Qualified Applicants will meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You hold a registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- You are qualified to teach in a Canadian Province/Territory outside of Ontario
- You are a current university student with 2yrs+ tutoring experience
- You are a current teacher candidate; pursuing a bachelor of education
- You have experience as a lecturer/course instructor at an accredited Canadian organization
- You are a Master’s/PhD student with experience as a teaching assistant at an accredited Canadian University or College
Please submit your resume and cover letter; indicate on the subject line your preferred subject/grade level.
- English (Required)
- Other language (Preferred)
Help students (Grade JK- Grade 8) in a group setting, tutor students’ with homework, help teachers mark assignments, work with teachers to prepare student reports, help teachers prepare course material.
- Enjoy helping other students learn and take pride in watching them reach their goals.
- Patient, easy going and enthusiastic, punctual and strong in communication with young students.
- Reliable, able to organize, multi-task and work independently.
- Previous tutoring experience would be a preferred asset.
- Must be able to commit 2hrs+ per week.